Over Three Decades of Combined Experience Working for You
Irving City Jail Information
Goline & Roland Law Firm Can Help
Online Jail Look-up for Irving City Jail
Telephone Number for the Jail
305 S. O’Connor Road, Irving, Texas
Sundays from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. and; Tuesdays/Thursdays from 7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Visitation is limited to 10 minutes with a maximum of 2 people allowed per visitation period.
- Only one visitor at a time.
- Visitors must be appropriately dressed, be at least 17 years of age, present a state issued drivers license or ID card, or other government issued ID with a photo, last name, first name, and date of birth
- Visitors will be checked for outstanding warrants.
- All visitors are subject to search prior to entering the visitation room.
Are Children Allowed?
No, children under the age of 17 years of age are not allowed.
Visitation Telephone Number to Verify Approval
Visitors are encouraged to call and verify visitation at (972) 721-2625 or (972) 721-3608.
What Items Can I Bring to a Prisoner?
Personal items of convenience and money may not be contributed to the prisoner’s property. Prisoner prescription medication will be accepted and dispensed in the prescribed manner. Each prisoner is allowed to have one pair of underwear and socks brought each day. Under-wire bras are prohibited.
The Irving Police Department Jail is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What Type of Facility?
The Irving City Jail is a 24/7 operation for the temporary confinement of pre-trial individuals involved in the judicial process, as well as those individuals serving time assessed on misdemeanor Irving Municipal Court cases. The jail has a maximum capacity of 172 adult prisoners as well as a holding area for juveniles that are being detained.
What Does It Mean When a Person Is Booked Into Jail?
When a person is arrested there are several different types of documents that must be completed. The person’s property must be listed out in detail, their photograph and fingerprints are taken as well. Once this process has been completed and they are moved into a cell or cellblock, they have at that moment officially been “booked” into jail.
When Are Prisoners Arraigned?
Arraignments are generally held twice daily during the week at approximately 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Weekend arraignments are typically held once a day at 10:00 a.m., but changes can occur to accommodate magistrate schedules.
What Occurs During Arraignment?
An arraignment is a formal meeting between a judge and a prisoner. The judge informs the prisoner of his or her charge(s), reads the prisoner his or her rights, and advises the prisoner of the bond amount. If the prisoner qualifies, an attorney is also appointed during arraignment.
What Is the Jail Credit Policy of Irving Police Department?
- The City of Irving assigns a monetary value for time spent in jail for a City of Irving Class C misdemeanor ticket or warrant. A municipal judge determines jail credit as regulated by state law.
- Jail credit is ONLY given for the City of Irving Class C misdemeanor tickets/warrants.
How Can I Get a Prisoner’s Property?
Prisoner property can only be released after the prisoner grants written permission for the City of Irving Jail to release their property to a particular individual. To claim the property it is necessary to show a valid driver’s license or government-issued identification card AND sign the property release form.
Are Prisoners Allowed to Make Any Free Telephone Calls?
Prisoners are allowed to place one free telephone call once the booking process has been completed. A prisoner also has the opportunity to make collect calls from a phone located inside the cell block.
What Is an Alias Warrant?
This is a warrant where no plea has been entered. A prisoner, bail bond company, or an attorney can post a bond for this type of warrant. The bond assures that the prisoner will appear in court.
What Is a Capias Warrant?
A Capias warrant is where a plea has been entered and the prisoner did not follow through with the court agreement.
How to Resolve a Warrant in the City of Irving for a Class C Misdemeanor?
- Credit Card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover)
- Released “time served” after acquiring enough jail credit
- A combination of jail credit and cash or credit card payment
How Can a Prisoner Resolve a Class C Misdemeanor Warrant From Another City?
Payment can be accepted by either the issuing agency or the City of Irving. Most county agencies do not allow cities to accept bonds and fines for their charges and payments may need to be made directly to the warrant-issuing agency.
How Can a Prisoner Get Out of Jail When Arrested for a Felony/Misdemeanor (Higher Than a Class C Misdemeanor)?
- Pay bond at the Dallas County Sheriff’s Department Bond Desk located at 111 Commerce Street, Dallas, Texas 75207
- Contact a criminal defense attorney in Irving
- Contact a bail bond company
Where Are Impounded Vehicles Stored? My Car Was Towed, How Can I Find It?
- The Irving city jail and Irving PD use the following towing company: Pro Tow Wrecker Service
- Vehicles are impounded and stored at: Irving Auto Pound – 401 N. Valley View Lane, Irving, Texas 75061. Telephone No. 972-721-7700
- The towing company will be able to inform you as to the fees, method of payment, location of facility, and directions to the facility.
- BE PREPARED TO PROVIDE the vehicle’s year, make, model, and license plate number.
Where Can I Pick Up My Loved One After They’re Released From Irving Jail?
Prisoners are released to the Irving Jail lobby located at 305 N. O’Connor Road, Irving, Texas 75061.
If Someone Is Transferred to Dallas County Jail, How Do I Find Out?
You can find out by searching the Dallas County Website or calling the Dallas County Jail. All information about inmates located in Dallas County Jail can be found on their website.
Links to Helpful Parts of the City’s Jail Website
To get started with a consultation with our Irving criminal defense attorneys, call us at (940) 400-0475. Goline & Roland Law Firm is here to help protect your rights.