Over Three Decades of Combined Experience Working for You
Divorce Attorney in Denton, TX
Denton County Divorce Lawyer Protecting Your Best Interests
The divorce process can be complicated, emotional, and stressful. Just as every family is unique, so is every divorce. When you work with Goline & Roland Law Firm, we pledge to take the time necessary to learn about you, your family, and your objectives. As your Denton divorce lawyer, we will work tirelessly to help you reach your goals.
Texas allows for both a “no-fault” divorce and divorce based on fault—we have significant experience representing clients in both types of proceedings. Before we file any petitions with the court, our committed team will discuss the benefits and challenges presented by each option and go from there. Our Denton divorce attorneys have represented many clients in their uncontested divorces as well as highly contested cases, so we can help you succeed no matter what the situation.
What Divorce Issues Can We Help With?
Uncontested divorces require couples to come to an agreement on all divorce-related issues, including:
- Property division that is complex
- Visitation and custody of children
- Alimony and spousal support
- Grandparent, sibling and non-family custody
If necessary, we can help you come to terms with some of these issues through mediation or a collaborative law option.
What is The Divorce Process in Texas?
In Texas, the process of divorce can be quite difficult to navigate. Our Denton divorce lawyers will work with you to make this process go as smoothly as possible. Our firm has experience working through a myriad of family matters and understands the emotional toll you and your family are going through. Don't face your divorce alone, allow us to help you through it.
A divorce in Texas may include the following:
- Initial filings: i.e., the petition and response.
- Period of time governed by temporary orders: This remains in effect during the pendency of the divorce (matters of temporary custody, child support, spousal support, payment of bills, etc.). If the parties cannot reach an agreement regarding temporary orders, the court will hold a hearing and issue its own temporary orders.
- Discovery period: Very early on in the process, both parties are required to identify—and disclose to each other—all individual and marital assets and debts.
- Negotiation discussions: Throughout the entire process, and particularly when discovery has yielded a clear picture of the couple’s finances, both parties and their lawyers should negotiate and work towards reaching a final agreement with respect to all outstanding issues. This is accomplished through basic negotiation, mediation, and/or arbitration.
- Settlement and/or trial: In most cases, the parties to a divorce settle most or all the issues prior to a final trial—though it may require some litigation in order to get there. In cases where no agreement can be reached, the parties and their attorneys head to trial.
Why Hire Denton Divorce Lawyers at Goline & Roland Law Firm?
At Goline & Roland Law Firm, we strive to be always available to clients whenever they need legal assistance. We return phone calls and e-mails in a timely manner. As our client, you will always be informed about the status of your case and be updated on new developments.
We understand that your case is extremely important to you and that it will likely have a significant impact on your life going forward.
In addition to our dedication and focus on providing the proper attention needed to achieve results, we offer clients the following services and benefits:
- Flexible scheduling, including weekend and night consultations by appointment
- Credit cards are accepted and payment plans are available
- Prompt service
As Denton lawyers with significant experience, our clients benefit from our in-depth familiarity with the local courts and their rules, judges, and other key players.
Don't wait to get started on your case. Contact our firm today.