Over Three Decades of Combined Experience Working for You
Denton Robbery Lawyer
Defending Against Robbery Charges in Texas
At Goline & Roland Law Firm, we are committed to providing unparalleled legal representation for individuals facing robbery charges in Denton, Texas. Our seasoned team of legal professionals is well-versed in the complexities of robbery cases and is dedicated to securing the best possible outcome for our clients. If you or a loved one are facing robbery charges, having a knowledgeable and experienced Denton robbery lawyer by your side is crucial. We are here to protect your rights and fight for your future.
Call Goline & Roland Law Firm today at (940) 400-0475 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our robbery attorney in Denton!
What is Robbery?
Robbery is a serious criminal offense involving unlawful taking of another person's property through force, intimidation, or threat of violence. In Texas, robbery is treated with utmost seriousness, and convictions can result in severe consequences. To be charged with robbery, three key elements must be established:
- Intent: The prosecution must prove that the defendant intended to deprive the victim of their property permanently.
- Presence: The robbery must occur in the presence of the victim.
- Force or Threat: The defendant must use force, intimidation, or threat to take the victim's property.
It's important to note that using a weapon during a robbery can elevate the charges to aggravated robbery, which carries even harsher penalties.
What are the Penalties for Robbery in Texas?
In Texas, the penalties for robbery are severe and can vary based on the circumstances of the case and the defendant's criminal history. Generally, robbery is classified as a second-degree felony. Convictions for second-degree felonies can result in:
- Imprisonment: A prison sentence ranging from 2 to 20 years.
- Fines: Fines of up to $10,000.
However, if certain aggravating factors are present, the charges can escalate to aggravated robbery, a first-degree felony. These factors include using a deadly weapon, causing serious bodily injury to the victim, or involving a disabled or elderly individual.
The consequences of an aggravated robbery conviction are even more severe and can include:
- Imprisonment: A sentence ranging from 5 years to life, with a mandatory minimum of 5, 10, or 15 years, depending on the circumstances.
- Fines: Fines of up to $10,000.
A conviction for robbery or aggravated robbery can impact various aspects of your life, including your personal and professional reputation, employment opportunities, and more. This is why it's imperative to consult with a skilled Denton robbery lawyer who can build a strong defense strategy tailored to your specific situation.
Defenses Against Robbery Charges
Navigating robbery charges requires a deep understanding of the legal system and a strategic approach to building a solid defense. Our experienced lawyers at Goline & Roland Law Firm are adept at exploring various defense strategies to protect your rights and future. Some potential defenses against robbery charges may include:
- Lack of Intent: If the prosecution cannot prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you intended to permanently deprive the victim of their property, a lack of intent defense may be effective.
- False Accusations: We can investigate whether false accusations, mistaken identity, or unreliable witnesses played a role in your case.
- Coercion: This could be a viable defense if you were forced into participating in the robbery.
Our legal team will meticulously examine the evidence, interview witnesses, and craft a compelling defense strategy tailored to the unique aspects of your case.
Contact Our Denton Robbery Attorney Today
Facing robbery charges can be overwhelming and frightening, but you don't have to navigate this difficult situation alone. The experienced Denton robbery lawyers at Goline & Roland Law Firm are dedicated to providing the robust legal representation you need. We will fight tirelessly to protect your rights, explore every possible defense, and work towards achieving the best possible outcome for your case.
Contact Goline & Roland Law Firm today to schedule a consultation with our robbery lawyer in Denton!