Over Three Decades of Combined Experience Working for You
Denton Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Helping Accident Victims Fight for Justice Against Negligent Drivers
Being involved in a motorcycle crash is scary, and motorcyclists can suffer severe injuries, including traumatic brain injuries, lacerations, bruises, and broken bones. If you or a loved one have suffered injuries after a motorcycle accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of quality of life, and other economic and non-economic damages.
At Goline & Roland Law Firm, PLLC, our Denton attorneys have over three decades of collective experience. We are dedicated to helping our clients seek justice and fight for their right to fair compensation. While you may be tempted to take an initial settlement offer, insurance companies often try to offer accident victims unfair settlements. Our team can strengthen your case and work to ensure you recover the damages you need and deserve.
Schedule a no-obligation case consultation with our team today by telephoning (940) 400-0475 or completing our online contact form.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
In 2019, 84,000 riders were injured and 5,014 motorcyclists were killed in traffic accidents. Common causes of such accidents include:
- Drinking (or riding) while intoxicated. Drunk drivers and motorcyclists put themselves and others on the road at risk of suffering injuries in an accident. Alcohol and drugs can dull your sense, impair your judgment, and delay your reaction time, which is dangerous for those operating vehicles.
- Lane splitting. Sometimes motorcyclists ride between lanes and vehicles, which is not only illegal but dangerous.
- Left-hand turns. When drivers make left hand-turns, they may not pay attention to the road they are turning onto but focus on incoming traffic, which can lead to tragic collisions.
- Motorcycle defects. If a motorcycle has not been maintained or has been poorly manufactured, rides may experience issues that can result in an accident.
- Open car doors. Drivers in parked vehicles (in parking lots and on the street) may forget to check their mirrors before exiting their vehicle. Thus, when they open the door, a motorcyclist may collide with the person and/or their car door.
- Poor road conditions. If the highways or roads are not well maintained, motorcyclists may get into an accident because of the debris, potholes, cracked pavement, and other dangerous conditions.
- Speeding. When any vehicle on the road is speeding, everyone sharing the road with them is at risk of being involved in an accident. Speeding can cause riders and drivers to lose control of their vehicle, struggle to steer, or drastically increase their stop time (i.e. the time it takes to come to a full stop).
- Tailgating/sudden stops. If riders or drivers do not leave space between their vehicles and others, a rear-end collision may occur.
- Unsafe lane changes. While drivers are often reminded to watch for motorcyclists, they often forget to check their blind spots or mirror when they change lanes, which can cause a dangerous collision.
Don't wait to get started on your case. Contact our firm today.