Over Three Decades of Combined Experience Working for You
Denton Money Laundering Lawyer
Experienced Defense Against Money Laundering Charges in Texas
In today's complex financial landscape, "money laundering" has gained significant attention. At Goline & Roland Law Firm, we recognize the seriousness of money laundering charges and their potential consequences on individuals and businesses. Our dedicated legal team is well-versed in providing a strategic and effective defense against money laundering accusations in Denton and across Texas.
Call Goline & Roland Law Firm today at (940) 400-0475 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our money laundering attorney in Denton!
What is Money Laundering?
Money laundering is a financial crime that involves disguising the origins of illegally obtained funds by making them appear legitimate. This process typically consists of a series of transactions designed to obscure the true source of the money. Money laundering often accompanies criminal activities such as drug trafficking, fraud, corruption, and organized crime.
Money laundering is a multi-step process involving placement, layering, and integration. During the placement phase, illegal funds are introduced into the financial system. In the layering phase, these funds are moved through intricate transactions to distance them from their source. Finally, in the integration phase, the "cleaned" money is reintroduced into the economy and made to appear as if it came from legal sources.
What are the Penalties for Money Laundering in Texas?
Money laundering in Texas is a serious offense, with severe penalties upon conviction. The penalties vary depending on the amount of money involved in the laundering scheme and the underlying criminal activity that generated the illegal funds. Generally, money laundering can be charged as a state or federal offense, depending on the circumstances.
In the state of Texas, money laundering is categorized into three levels:
- State Jail Felony: Money laundering involving funds between $2,500 and $30,000 is considered a state jail felony. Conviction can result in a jail sentence ranging from 180 days to 2 years and a fine of up to $10,000.
- Third-Degree Felony: Money laundering involving funds between $30,000 and $150,000 is classified as a third-degree felony. A conviction can lead to imprisonment for 2 to 10 years and a fine not exceeding $10,000.
- Second-Degree Felony: Money laundering involving funds exceeding $150,000 is deemed a second-degree felony. Individuals may face imprisonment for 2 to 20 years and a fine of up to $10,000 if found guilty.
It's important to note that federal money laundering charges can have even more severe consequences, including longer prison sentences and heftier fines. Our experienced Denton money laundering lawyers are well-equipped to analyze the unique aspects of your case and provide tailored legal guidance to mitigate potential penalties.
Defense Against Money Laundering Charges
Mounting a strong defense against money laundering charges requires intricate knowledge of financial regulations, forensic accounting practices, and a deep understanding of criminal law. At Goline & Roland Law Firm, our legal team leverages years of experience handling complex financial cases to construct effective defense strategies for our clients.
Some potential defense strategies against money laundering charges include:
- Lack of Intent: Proving that you lacked the intent to launder money is an essential element of the crime.
- Unlawful Search and Seizure: Challenging the legality of the search and seizure that led to the discovery of alleged incriminating evidence.
- Insufficient Evidence: Demonstrating that the prosecution's evidence is insufficient to establish your involvement in a money laundering scheme beyond a reasonable doubt.
- Violation of Rights: Identifying any violations of your constitutional rights during the investigation, arrest, or trial process.
Contact Our Denton Money Laundering Attorney Today
At Goline & Roland Law Firm, we prioritize safeguarding your rights and reputation when facing money laundering charges. We understand the complexities of financial crimes and are committed to providing you with a robust defense tailored to your unique situation. With our experience and dedication, we strive to achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
Contact Goline & Roland Law Firm today to schedule a meeting with our money laundering lawyer in Denton!